Correctly installed fire doors that meet UK regulations save lives. That’s why every door we create must go through a rigorous testing process that is vital to ensure the safety of those using the fire door.
We manufacture our bespoke fire rated range to withstand building regulations set out by the government. Our high quality and high function fire doors offer top levels of fire retardancy, which is key to saving many lives.
September is the month where the industry pays special attention to the importance of fire door safety. With hundreds of fire related fatalities every year the message of fire safety has never been so important to talk about. By purchasing and installing good quality fire doors throughout the required building you are helping to stop the potential threat of fires spreading.
Whether your desired fire door is destined to be used within a commercial building or residential environment, your fire door must be fit for purpose. This is why at Pendle Doors we provide ongoing testing to ensure we are on top of our game when it comes to safety.
During last year’s fire door safety week The British Woodworking Federation released the following 5 steps to check a fire door is safety regulations complaint.
• Look for labels or markings that show the door is third party certificated and has traceability back to the original manufacturer.
• Check that the door is marked correctly with the appropriate signage and that it closes tightly against the frame.
• Ensure that the door or frame has the fire and smoke seal, and that the door closes correctly with an even gap all around of about 3mm.
• Check the fire-rated hinges are fitted firmly in the door and that there are no missing screws.
• Make sure the door is not damaged or ever wedged or propped open.
For more information about our fire rated doors please contact the team 01254 870850.