Robert Morgan awarded FDIS Diploma in Fire Doors
Robert our technical manager has just been awarded a diploma in Fire Doors by FDIS (Fire Door Inspection Scheme). This diploma demonstrates that his knowledge of fire doors is to a defined industry standard, and that he is an acknowledged professional in this field.
The education programme he has taken part in has been researched and authored by industry experts in their specific fields, and leading members of the BWF-CERTIFIRE Scheme and GAI (the two leading authorities on fire doors and their components).
The programme he studied covers:
- Foundation module – provides a basic understanding of fire doors and their components, including testing and certification, regulations and standards, inspection and maintenance.
- Timber fire doors and frames – provides a more detailed look at timber fire and escape doorsets, their construction, installation and functional performance.
- Metal fire doors – provides information on how steel doors differ from timber doors, how they are tested, glazed, installed and maintained.
- Glazing – provides detailed guidance on the different types of fire resistant glass, glazed apertures, glazing retention systems and beading and the importance of getting it right.
- Seals – provides detailed information on the function and technology of intumescent, acoustic and smoke seals, how they’re identified and installed.
- Ironmongery and signage (Part 1) – covers why each type of ironmongery is essential, critical issues about installation, how to check it is functioning correctly and when the item should be replaced.
- Ironmongery and signage (Part 2) – covers essential and non-essential ironmongery, the requirements for panic escape mechanisms and signage on fire doors.
Click here to view Roberts Diploma!
Pendle Doors Ltd seals £1.4m finance deal
“We constantly strive to improve and continue to develop our processes, products and service in line with customer needs and the veneering machinery shows evidence of our determination to grow and progress.”
Andy Nurse, business manager at Yorkshire Bank, said: “We were very pleased to be able to support this local family business to put in place a financing agreement that will help them as they embark on a fresh stage of growth.”
Click here to view the full article!
Growth Fund cash opens new doors for Darwen Business
Local MP Jake Berry has visited Darwen based Pendle Doors to find out more about their expansion plans after receiving a grant from the Government’s Regional Growth Fund.
Pendle Doors, one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of timber doors, doorsets and associated joinery to the Construction Industry, have been a successful family-run business since 1957. Orginally based in Burnley the company moved to Darwen in 2007 and has since gone from strength to strength. The company received support from the Regional Growth Fund which was used to purchase the premises therefore providing the company with a permanent base at their Moss Fold Road site in Darwen.
Jake commented, ‘It’s great to see a traditional manufacturing company like Pendle Doors continue to grow successfully providing more jobs and opportunities for people here in Darwen. Last time I visited back in 2014 it was clear to see that the company had great potential and I’m delighted to see how well they are doing.
Steve Anderson, Managing Director of Pendle Doors added, ‘The support we’ve had from the Growth Fund has been really helpful and has meant that we can continue to grow the business here in Darwen and provide quality skilled jobs for local people.’
Timber Door Sets / Fire Rated Timber Doors / Bespoke Veneered Doors / Bespoke Joinery / Fire DoorsTerms and conditions